PS4 Pro – Specifications And Features:
Sony launched its new and powerful PlayStation console called PlayStation 4 Pro. It was launched on November 10, 2016, and costs around $399.
The console is made as to compliment the standard PS4. The name is chosen as PS4 as to show that it is a part of the current version of console although it aims at higher-end gamers. Also, there are not many changes in the architectural structure of the device, so it’s not a new generation of PlayStation hardware.
During the PlayStation Meeting event, Andrew House, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, discussed that the new PS4 Pro has two major new features 4K and HDR. These are meant for the visual fidelity as described by House. Mark Cerny, Lead architect said that its Sony’s vision to take the PS4 experience to an extraordinary level.
|Main processor||Single-chip custom processorCPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon based graphics engine
|External dimensions||Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length)
(excludes largest projection)
|Mass||Approx. 3.3 kg|
BD/ DVD drive
|BD × 6 CAV
DVD × 8 CAV
|Input/ Output||Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3
AUX port × 1
|Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
|Power||AC 100V, 50/60Hz|
|Power consumption||Max. 310W|
|Operating temperature||5ºC – 35ºC|
|AV output||HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR)
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
- The game resolution ranges from 1080p to 1440p. It utilises enhanced resolution techniques to increase game resolution to approach 4K. It also enables game resolution output at native 2160p resolution.
- The visuals for the device have been improved. There is an improvement in visibility of objects that are further in the background with greater focus and more detailing. The images with soft features such as rounded corners and faces appear smoother and more realistic. While the ones with small features like smoke or stream in the background have a heavier look to give more realistic feel.
- PS4 Pro enables elaborate design for the detailing in games like rust on metal or dirt on clothes. It enables sharper shadows with clean details at greater distances. It displays detailed imagery, this increasing the amount of images on the screen at once.
- It supports HDR contents which help to balance the light in games, giving full spectrum of light that we can see with our eye.
- It enhances gameplay. It provides support for faster frame rates delivering sharp action for PS4 games.
More About PS4 Pro: